ADDITIONAL VOLUNTARY MODULES (AVM’s):
The standard has been designed to enable the addition of voluntary modules to the routine audit. Throughout the life of the standard new voluntary modules are developed by BRCGS. The voluntary module will allow the site to demonstrate compliance to specific sets of requirements in order to meet market or consumer requirements. The voluntary modules can be added to any of the full certification audit options (e.g. announced or unannounced).
List of current additional voluntary modules (AVM’s:
• AVM 8 Traded Goods
• AVM 9 Management of Food Materials for Animal Feed
• AVM 10 Global G.A.P. Chain of Custody
• AVM 11 Meat Supply Chain Assurance
• AVM 12 AOECS Module for Gluten-Free Foods
• AVM 14 Food Safety Culture
• AVM 15 FSMA Preventive Controls Preparedness Module
From time to time BRCGS publishes position statements and guidance documents which may be binding to the certification audit process. NOTE: Position Statements are also published for Additional Voluntary Modules.
Issue 8 is the current standard. To download BRCGS standards and guidance documents go to the BRCGS Bookshop.