Advanced HACCP Training
HACCP has grown to become the universally recognised and accepted method for food safety assurance. The recent food scares put the HACCP-Concept into the spotlight and global food safety standards have introduced additional requirements to the traditional Codex Alimentarius Guidelines.
Aim of Course:
The aim of this ½ day training is to give participants a brief refresher on HACCP after Codex Alimentarius, the opportunity to develop their hazard analyses skills and receive an update of the demanding requirements on a HACCP-System in the manufacturing industry. (In reference to EU Reg. 852/2004, Codex Alimentarius and BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety Issue 8).
After this training participants will:
- Be familiar with legal requirements (Reg. 852/2004) and guidelines (Codex Alimentarius)
- Intended & Alternative Use, Flow Diagram and Hazard Analysis as per BRC Issue 7
- Define HACCP terms (e.g. validation, monitoring and verification)
- Learn about a hazard analysis (incl. risk assessment, decision tree)
- Understand the importance of a working Pre-Requisite Programme (PRP)
- Understand the difference between PRP and OPRP
- Apply the learned information on your own HACCP-System
- Be able to review and evaluate your companies HACCP-System
- 1. Legal requirements and guidelines
- 2. Terms & Definitions and HACCP Principles
- 3. Pre-Requisite Programme (PRP)
- 4. Hazard Analysis (hazards, risk assessment and CCP decision tree)
- 5. Review the companies HACCP-System (apply learned information)
- Written examination & Close
Who should attend:
Technical & Quality Managers, Quality Assistants, HACCP Team Members, Departmental Managers (e.g. Maintenance Manager).
This course is not for beginners. Participants must have HACCP knowledge (attended basic course). A reasonable standard of spoken and written English is desirable.
To obtain a certificate, participants must actively participate during the training, be committed when reviewing the companies HACCP and pass a written examination. Full attendance is necessary and it is beneficial for each learner to attain a certificate.
A practical approach governs this training. Fundamental information is delivered via slide show. Exercises and discussions enhance the participants understanding of the subject matter. A course manual is provided for each participant.
This training is presented by Ulrich Schraewer. Ulrich has an honours degree in food science & technology and provides professional food safety training and consultancy to the food industry for more than 12 years. Ulrich is a global BRCGS food safety certification auditor and an approved BRCGS consultant.