Internal Auditing Techniques Training
Internal audits are a fundamental part of any quality and food safety management system. Standard owners and certification auditors have become more stringent in judging the quality of internal audits and audit records. An audit shall not remain a static documental exercise but instead a practical tool to identify weaknesses and strength.
Aim of Course:
The aim of this ½ day training is to give participants a clear understanding of the various audit components and how to conduct a beneficial audit. (In reference to ISO 19011:2018 and BRCGS Guide to Auditing Techniques.)
After this training participants will:
- Understand the principles of audits
- Be familiar with different audit types
- Be able to define audit terms (e.g. audit- criteria, evidence, findings & conclusion)
- Understand the importance of audit objectives (scope)
- Know the audit components (e.g. Preparation, Conduction, Opening & Closing Meeting)
- Be able to develop an audit plan & an audit checklist
- Learn evaluation methods & question techniques
- Demonstrate learned auditing techniques
- 1. Principles of auditing & audit types
- 2. Terms & definitions
- 3. Audit components
- 4. Evaluation methods
- 5. Establishing & implementing an audit programme
- Written examination
Who should attend:
Internal Auditors, Technical & Quality Managers, Quality Assistants, HACCP Team Members, Departmental Managers (e.g. Maintenance Manager).
A reasonable standard of spoken and written English is desirable.
To obtain a certificate, participants must actively participate during the training and pass a written examination. Full attendance is necessary, and it is beneficial for each learner to attain a certificate.
A practical approach governs this training. Fundamental information is delivered via slide show. Exercises (incl. role play) and group presentations will enhance the participants understanding of the subject matter. A course manual is included for each participant.
This training is presented by Ulrich Schraewer. Ulrich has an honours degree in food science & technology and provides professional food safety training and consultancy to the food industry for more than 12 years. Ulrich is a global BRCGS food safety certification auditor and an approved BRCGS consultant.