Food Allergen Control Training
Did you know that a substantial amount of product recalls are caused by incorrect labelling of allergens? All food business operators have a legal responsibility to provide the correct allergen information on manufactured food. This training provides guidance and practical examples how to improve allergen controls in your food operation.
Aim of Course:
The aim of this ½ day training is to give participants background information on food allergies, to highlight critical elements of allergen control and give guidance how to conduct an allergen risk analysis and prevent risk of allergen contamination.
- Learn about the EU Mandatory allergens
- Be able to identify critical element of allergen control
- Get guidance on how to conduct an allergen risk analysis
- Understand the allergen labelling requirements of EU Reg. 1169/2011
- Learn about available analytical methods for allergens including reference to the BRCGS Food Safety Iss. 8 relevant allergen requirements.
- 1. Introduction to Food Allergies
- 2. EU 14 Mandatory Allergens
- 3. Critical Elements of Allergen Management
- 4. Allergen Risk Analysis & Management
- 5. Food Allergen Labelling
Who should attend:
Internal Auditors, Technical & Quality Managers, Quality Assistants, HACCP Team Members, Departmental Managers (e.g. Maintenance Manager)
A reasonable standard of spoken and written English is desirable.
To obtain a certificate, participants must actively participate during the training and complete worksheets. Full attendance is necessary and it is beneficial for each learner to attain a certificate.
A practical approach governs this training. Fundamental information is delivered via slide show. Exercises and discussions enhance the participants understanding of the subject matter. A course manual is provided for each participant.
This training is presented by Ulrich Schraewer. Ulrich has an honours degree in food science & technology and provides professional food safety training and consultancy to the food industry for more than 12 years. Ulrich is a global BRCGS food safety certification auditor and an approved BRCGS consultant.